tirsdag, januar 03, 2006

A poem

I am not a poet and I`m not at writer
I wish the sun would shine brighter
I`m not a musician and not a composer
I wish I didn’t feel like such a looser

I`m not a lawyer and I`m not a judge
Am I asking too much?
I`m not a teacher and I`m not a priest
I wish I was something at least

So the days go by
And I sit here and cry
And wonder why

I don’t have a house and I don’t have a job
So I guess there is nothing you wish to rob
Everyone else seems to get on with their lives
And all but me get husbands and wives

But within my heart lives the son of God
Someone would say that’s really odd
But one thing I know and nothing can change it
He loves me even when I don’t deserve it

So even if sometimes I feel like I am stranded
I know for sure that I`m not abandoned
He said he would help me and show me the way
and that I am okey no matter what they say

I learned that my value is what someone will pay
Jesus paid with his life. He says He is the way
So today I will meet you with a smile on my face
I got a new life inside, just by His grace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grete Winther Westrum Løvås said...

Det var jo helt nydelig da! Er det du som har skrevet det? Du kan si at du ikke er en poet eller forfatter, men jeg tror ikke på deg ;)

4:24 p.m.  
Blogger Margrethe said...

Kjekt at du synes det Grete:) Når jeg skriver noe lurer jeg nesten alltid på om jeg har det fra et sted, men ikke som jeg kommer på i hvertfall..

11:31 p.m.  
Blogger Grete Winther Westrum Løvås said...

Det er vel sånn at vi blir inspirert av andre tekster av og til. Kanskje uten at vi vet det også. Trodde ikke at jeg hadde lest diktet ditt før, men det er jo mange som låner andre sine dikt også (bl.a jeg av og til). Derfor jeg spurte :)

8:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonym said...

that was a great spiritual poem

9:20 p.m.  

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home